What to do Before and After your PM Eye Brow procedure
BEFORE your Eye Brow Procedure
Here is a list of instructions that will help to ensure you get the best results from your Eye Brow permanent makeup procedure. The eyebrow area must be healthy, strong, non-sensitive and non-irritated.
- Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis one week before procedure
- Do not tan two weeks prior or have sunburned face
- Do not have any type of facial/peel 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Discontinue Vitamin A/Retinol products one week prior to treatment
- Do not work out the day of the procedure.
- Do not have Botox 3 weeks prior
- Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior (natural blood thinners)
- Do not wax or tint your eyebrows 3 days before the procedure.
In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor color deposit:
- Do not drink alcohol 24 - 48 hours before your tattoo
- Do not consume coffee before your procedure
- Do not take an aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief (this thins the blood)
AFTERCARE for Eye Brows
The day of the treatment:
After your procedure a thick layer of ointment will be applied to the brow area. Do not touch your eyebrows!
3 hours after the procedure: Wash your brows gently (preferably with Dial antibacterial soap) removing all traces of ointment, pat dry with tissue and with a Q-tip apply thin layer of Vaseline/Petrolatum or Grapeseed oil provided.
Do the same before going to sleep.
The Following days: Wash your eyebrows in the morning and at night with antibacterial soap and apply thin layer of aftercare product. Do it for about 7 days, till the scabs come off.
- Use a fresh pillowcase
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of color
- No facials, Botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
- Avoid heavy sweating and long hot showers for the first 10 days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days
- Avoid swimming (ocean, lake, pool, hot tub) for the first 10 days
- Avoid topical makeup including sunscreen on the area
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area.
Important note about showering:
Limit your showers to 5 minutes so you do not create too much steam. Keep your face/procedure area out of the water while you wash your body, then, at the end of your shower, wash your hair. Your face should only be getting wet at the very last end of the shower. Avoid excessive rinsing and hot water on the treated area.
Why do we form a scab?
In a process of tattooing (permanent makeup) your skin experiences a small trauma. That trauma starts healing process with lymph sipping out. It’s a natural protective reaction of our body. The scab is formed from excess pigment, dry lymph and microscopic particles of skin. You need to keep the scab in place as long as possible. It will insure that more color will retain.
The eyebrows WILL appear bolder immediately after the procedure. When scabs come off, the color will be much lighter. Do not be alarmed by fading, the color will gradually return by 4-th week post procedure. During your follow-up appointment, we will access your healed result and add more pigment if necessary.