What to do Before and After your PM Eye Liner procedure
BEFORE your Eye Liner Procedure
Here is a list of instructions that will help to ensure you get the best results from your EyeLiner permanent makeup procedure.
You will get much better results when you properly prep. It all starts with a good canvas! The eye area must be healthy, strong, non-sensitive and non-irritated. Here’s how to get your skin ready for the procedure.
- If you have had any eye surgery (Ex. Lasik, cataract, upper or lower blepharoplasty, lens repair, etc.), you will need to wait at least 6 months before having permanent makeup EyeLiner procedure.
- If you have hyper-sensitive eyes, watery eyes, tear duct plugs or severe allergies –this may not be the procedure for you.
- Do not use any EyeLash Growing products (Ex. Latisse, RevitaLash, RapidLash, etc.) for 1 month prior to your treatment. You can start using it again two weeks after your follow-up procedure.
- Do not tan two weeks prior or have sunburned face
- Do not have any type of facial/peel 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Discontinue Vitamin A/Retinol products one week prior to treatment
- Do not work out the day of the procedure.
- Do not have Botox 3 weeks prior
- Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior (natural blood thinners)
- Do not wear contact lenses on the day of the procedure. Bring your glasses.
In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor color deposit:
- Do not drink alcohol 24 - 48 hours before your tattoo
- Do not consume coffee before your procedure
- Do not take an aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief (this thins the blood)
AFTERCARE for Eye Liner
The day of the treatment:
After your procedure a thick layer of ointment will be applied to the treated area. Do not touch your eyes!
3 hours after the procedure: Wash your eyes gently (preferably with Dial antibacterial soap) removing all traces of ointment, pat dry with tissue and with a Q-tip apply thin layer of Vaseline/Petrolatum provided.
Do the same before going to sleep.
The Following days: You can wash your face, take showers as usual. But cut the shower time shorter, so you don’t soak the pigment off. Apply a thin layer of aftercare product before doing it. Hydrate the area with a thin layer of Vaseline/Petrolatum throughout the day as needed (if you don’t need it, don’t do it). Do it for about 7 days, till the scabs come off.
- No Contact Lenses the day of the procedure and the next day
- Use a fresh pillowcase
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of color
- No facials, Botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 2 weeks
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
- Avoid heavy sweating and long hot showers for the first 10 days.
- Avoid swimming, ocean, lake, pool, hot tub for the first 10 days
- Avoid topical makeup (mascara, eyeshadows) on the area until all scabs come off
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area.
Important note about showering:
Limit your showers to 5 minutes so you do not create too much steam. Keep your face/procedure area out of the water while you wash your body, then, at the end of your shower, wash your hair. Your face should only be getting wet at the very last end of the shower. Avoid excessive rinsing and hot water on the treated area.
Why do we form a scab?
In a process of tattooing (permanent makeup) your skin experiences a small trauma. That trauma starts healing process with lymph sipping out. It’s a natural protective reaction of our body. The scab is formed from excess pigment, dry lymph and microscopic particles of skin. You need to keep the scab as long as possible. It will insure that more color will retain.
The eyeliner WILL appear bolder immediately after the procedure. When scabs come off, the color will be much lighter. Do not be alarmed by fading, the color will gradually return by 4-th week post procedure. During your follow-up appointment, we will access your healed result and add more pigment if necessary.